Student instructions for remote clas
1. Memorization PPT
- Read through the Memorization presentation in the “Academic Theater” folder in Schoology.
- Read the article “Learning to Memorize” in the same folder.
2. Practice and memorize your monologues or duets!
3. Complete the vocabulary QUIZ on Schoology.
- Antagonist – The person who is opposed to, struggles against, or competes with the main character (protagonist) in a play.
- Villain – the person who opposes the hero (often called the antagonist).
- Hero – the main character in a story (also called the protagonist).
- Protagonist – the leading character in a play (often called the hero).
- Character – the role an actor plays and how (s)he portrays it.
- Characterization – the act of donning a character to perform a role.
- Character trait – a distinguishing characteristic or quality.
- Critique – the act of commenting on the negative and positive aspects of a dramatic work and/or performance; also refers to the essay or article written about the performance.
- Enunciation – speaking clearly while onstage, making sure to pronounce every syllable so that the audience can understand the lines.
- Projection – speaking loudly while onstage, loud enough for the entire audience to hear.