Vision, Mission, Beliefs
Students at West Collierville Middle School work to reach their goals and achieve their fullest potential in academic, career, and personal/social development with the support of a data-driven comprehensive school counseling program. Our vision is for all students to become successful, productive citizens in an ever growing technological and multicultural society.
The mission of the WCMS Counseling Program is to provide a data driven comprehensive school counseling program that will allow all students the opportunity to acquire the attitude, knowledge, and skills needed for academic, career, and personal/social development in a safe and orderly environment. By collaborating with administrators, parents, and community, the school counselors will assist all students in becoming effective students, responsible citizens, and productive workers in the classroom and beyond.
The school counselors of WCMS believe the following:
- All students can achieve success in school that will guide them to achieve success in college and/or career.
- Students’ diversity, culture, and self worth deserve to be respected and valued.
- Student needs are met by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program focusing on academic, career, and personal/social development.
- School counselors will use data to design, deliver, and continuously improve the school counseling program promoting student achievement.
- School counselors will serve as leaders and advocates for the entire community of learners.
- School counselors will collaborate with administrators, staff, parents, and community resources in order to meet student academic, social, and emotional needs.
- School counselors will abide by the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors.