Parent Right to Know
To: All Parents/Guardians
From: Tyler Salyer, Principal
Date: September 3, 2021
Re: Right to Know Professional Qualifications of Teacher/Paraprofessional Qualifications
In compliance with Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA, Section 11129e) (A) and (B)) you may request information about the professional qualifications of your student’s teacher(s) or instructional paraprofessional(s).
The following information may be requested for teacher(s):
- Whether the teacher has met Tennessee teacher certification requirements for the grade level and subject areas in which the teacher provides
- Whether the teacher is teaching under an emergency or other provisional status through which Tennessee qualifications or certification criteria have been
- The college major and any graduate certification or degree held by the
Paraprofessionals must work under the supervision of a certiﬁed teacher.
The following information may be requested for instructional paraprofessional(s):
- Completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher education; or
- Obtained an associate’s or higher degree; or
- Pass the ETS Para Pro The assessment measures skills, and content knowledge related to reading, writing, and math;
If you wish to request information concerning your child’s teacher’s and instructional paraprofessional’s qualifications, please contact; Tyler Salyer at (901) 854-2345.