Battle of the Books!
Sponsor(s): Mrs. France and Ms. Hinds
Meeting Dates: Sept. 11th, Oct. 23rd, Nov. 13th, Dec. 11th, Jan. 8th, Jan. 22nd, Feb. 12th, Feb. 26th, March 12th, March 26th
Feb. 27-March 31 Regional Competitions
April 3-14 Final Competition
All meetings will be in the WCMS library unless announced on the WCMS intercom.
Fee: $15 to cover snacks and t-shirt for the competitions!
Application Process: No application - all students and faculty welcome!
Academic Requirements: All academic levels welcome and encouraged!
Club Requirements: You must love to read!!!! You are committing to read the 10 books chosen for this school year.
Please pick-up any Battle of the Books information in the library!
2018-2019 Battle of the Books Reading List
1. Garvey's Choice by Nikki Grimes
2. Almost Astronauts by Tanya Lee Stone
3. The Whydah: a pirate ship feared, wrecked & found by Martin W. Sandler
4. Hoodoo by Ronald L. Smith
5. Awkward by Svetlana Chmokava
6. The Island of Dr. Libris by Chris Grabenstein
7. Refugee by Alan Gratz
8. Mayday by Karen Harrington
9. The Wild Robot by Peter Brown
10. The Blackthorn Key (Book 1) by Kevin Sands
I look forward to seeing everyone that is interested in WCMS Battle of the Books at our first meeting on Sept. 11th from 3:15 - 4:15 in the WCMS library!