Battle of the Books!
Sponsor(s): Mrs. France and Ms. Hinds
Meeting Dates: Sept. 12, Oct. 10, Nov. 14, Dec. 12, Jan. 9, Jan. 23, Feb. 13, Feb. 27, March 12, March 26
Feb. 27-March 31 Regional Competitions
April 3-14 Final Competition
All meetings will be in the WCMS library unless announced on the WCMS intercom.
Fee: $15 to cover snacks and t-shirt for the competitions!
Application Process: No application - all students and faculty welcome!
Academic Requirements: All academic levels welcome and encouraged!
Club Requirements: You must love to read!!!! You are committing to read the 10 books chosen for this school year.
Please pick-up any Battle of the Books information in the library!
The books for this year's competition are: (2019-2020)
1. The Promise of Change: One Girl's Story in the Fight for School Equality by Allen Boyce, Jo Ann
2. Tumble & Blue by Beasley, Cassie
3. The Last Cherry Blossom by Burkinshaw, Kathleen
4. Greetings From Witness Protection! by Burt, Jake
5. The Epic Fail pf Arturo Zamora by Cartaya, Pable
6. All's Faire in Middle School by Jamieson, Victoria
7. Spooked!: How a Radio Broadcast and The War of the Worlds Sparked the 1938 Invasion by Jarrow, Gail
8. Amina's Voice by Khan, Hena
9. Spirit Hunters by Oh, Ellen
10. Tentacle & Wing by Porter, Sarah
I look forward to seeing everyone that is interested in WCMS Battle of the Books at our first meeting on Sept. 12th from 3:15 - 4:15 in the WCMS library!